Now I feel bad for not including Greg Maddux on my all-time team. When you piss in a hot tub full of black guys it takes some serious balls. Only a legend like Maddux could pull such a savage prank move. Mad dog is right up there with George Brett's shitting his pants story.Today's Pardon My Take featured Andre Dawson and an all time Greg Maddux story. Subscribe - https://t.co/htoaCr8KQG pic.twitter.com/P4YUe5ecmC— Big Cat (@BarstoolBigCat) July 25, 2016
Monday, July 25, 2016
We are officially 40 days till the first fall Saturday of college football. What better way to celebrate 40 days till college football bliss by going back and watching one of the greatest runs in it's history: #40 Reggie Brooks of Notre Dame spinning, running over and around Michigan for a spectacular touchdown. Brooks was knocked out on the play and still managed to subconsciously get himself in the endzone. No doubt Brooks deserves to hit the "Play Like A Champion Today" sign after this incredible run vs a hated rival.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 10:21 AM
Friday, July 22, 2016
HALL OF FAME STAMP: GRANTED!
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 11:10 AM
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Click on any of the pictures to order the official Under Armour Notre Dame Shamrock Series 2016 Jersey!
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 4:14 PM
Introducing the 2016 #ShamrockSeries Uniform by @UAFootball— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) July 21, 2016
We’ll wear it with pride on Nov. 12 vs Army in Texas. pic.twitter.com/7qOfdzpdHB
If you want to preorder the 2016 Shamrock Series authentic helmet please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 3:32 PM
Jim Harbaugh has no chill. This week Harbaugh made his rap debut by starring in Bailey's "Who's Got It Better Than Us?" by shouting out the title lyrics over and over.
I can't wait till Notre Dame plays Michigan again in 2018. It's going to be epic.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 2:11 PM
#ShamrockSeries SNEAK PEEK…— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) July 21, 2016
The FULL reveal:
Tonight | 6:30pm ET
God. Country. Notre Dame. pic.twitter.com/O528LLFRsy
The annual Notre Dame Shamrock Series uniforms unveiling are always a big hit whether you like them or not. Tonight ND will release the full uniform with jersey and helmet to the public at 6:30 EST.
Of course we will be selling the official game helmets and jerseys soon.
Here are my favorite Shamrock Series jerseys by order...
1) 2013 Shamrock Series Jerseys (Dallas, TX)
2) 2011 Shamrock Series (Washington D.C)
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 2:05 PM
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
These guys need to show more on the football field this fall vs top 25 teams before I'm willing to give them Heisman-worthy accolades...
1. Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma - Mayfield finished 4th in the Heisman last season despite playing pedestrian vs the Sooners top competition (Tennessee, TCU, Texas and Clemson). At this point until Mayfield proves it against top 25 teams his overall play is overrated.
Now if we are talking about underrated we could point out Mayfield's hypnotic dance moves...
2. Jabrill Peppers, LB, Michigan - Talent wise I think Peppers is one of the best in college football. Production wise though he hasn't come close to matching his high school rankings and will now be playing linebacker for Harbaugh and company. He should be playing corner/safety. If Peppers can prove himself as a hybrid LB he will quickly come off this list. But at this point going into the season he is overhyped.
3. Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami - I've tried my hardest to see what exactly all the expert draft gurus see in Kaaya. He reminds me of Christian Hackenberg a little bit. He looks the part of big-time college QB with a good frame but his stats don't match the picture. I've seen some draft mocks with him going top 5 overall. No way. Overrated and overhyped.
4. Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA - Rosen is much like Peppers on this list. Talent wise he's elite for sure. But he's still real young and makes a lot of poor decisions both on the field and in social media. He needs to grow up and mature. At this point it is insane for any publication to put him on their top 10 college football players in the game but I have seen it numerous times. Rosen is overhyped going into his true sophomore season.
5. Carl Lawson, DE, Auburn - To be fair injuries have held back Lawson for the most part of his collegiate career. But still he's going to be a senior and he has yet to make an impact as projected coming out of high school. At this point he is more overhyped than overrated because of the injuries.
6. Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee - As a runner I like Dobbs a lot but he's a QB. He needs to get better accuracy throwing 10 yards past the line of scrimmage or defenses are going to stack the box against the Vols all season. Much like Tennessee and Butch Jones I think Dobbs is overrated going into 2016.
By the way somebody tell Dobbs to stop blocking the television...
7. Tim Williams, LB, Alabama - Misses way too many tackles. Plays stiff and is undersized. Decent pass rusher but not very good against the run. He's a product of a great defense surrounding him IMO and benefits from his teammate Jonathan Allen getting double teamed.
Even his "highlights" aren't all that impressive...
8. C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa - I've read some articles listing Beathard a top 20 overall player in college football over the likes of Greg Ward, Calvin Ridley and Adoree Jackson among many others which is flat out crazy talk. Yes Iowa had a good year but I wouldn't say Beathard won them many games.
9. Zach Banner, OT, USC - People look at his size (6'9, 360) and automatically think All-American tackle. But Banner hasn't played like an AA in his first 3 seasons at USC. At this point in his career he is more overhyped because of his size.
10. O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama - If you watched the NCG vs Clemson (5 catches for 208 yards and 2 TDs) you are probably laughing your ass off because I included Howard on this list. But if you look at the prior 3 full seasons before that game you would wonder what all the hype was for Howard coming out of high school. There is a reason why Howard came back for his senior season instead of cashing in on his big performance vs Clemson. For a man his size he needs to be more physical and run better routes. Until then he is overrated and overhyped.
VISIT OUR STORE PAGE TO HELP SUPPORT THE WEBSITE!
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 11:33 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
As someone who can never get enough college football I'm looking forward to Showtime's 2nd season of "A Season With" this time with FSU. Last year they hit a home run with Notre Dame being featured in this "Hard Knocks" inspired production. It will be interesting to see the behind closed doors differences between the two programs.
FSU's opening week game vs Ole Miss should provide some highlight trash talking between two highly talented and athletic football programs. Jimbo Fisher is now single since he divorced his cheating whore of an ex-wife so I'm sure we will see him swinging his dick around all the Tallahassee coeds.
BUY THE CRIMINOLES SHIRT HERE!
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 1:37 PM
Since we just passed the 2016 All-Star break I've seen a lot of people arguing over their all-time MLB rosters. It's an argument as old as David Ortiz's needle injected butt marks but I figured I would contribute some knowledge. I've left off all known cheaters so there will be no Bonds, ARod, Clemens, Manny Ramirez, Piazza, etc. on this list.
1) LF Rickey Henderson - Anybody who leaves off the greatest leadoff hitter with the most runs and stolen bases in MLB history clearly has no clue. I'm not that guy.
2) CF Willie Mays - This was a tough one for me because I wanted to put Griffey Jr in center. But I went with the Say Hey Kid because of the numbers he put up while mostly playing at the Polo Grounds (480 feet to center, 450 feet to alleys) robbed him of even higher power numbers.
3) 1B Lou Gehrig - The most underrated superstar of any generation. Gehrig averaged 145 RBIs per season! This is still a no brainer despite him passing over 70 years ago.
4) RF Hank Aaron - I couldn't leave off the HR King. 755 will live on forever with Hammerin' Hank.
5) DH/P Babe Ruth - Ruth is probably the greatest baseball player of all-time. Not only could he hit (714 HR) but he was also an ace on the mound (94 wins during 5 seasons). So I feel comfortable with Babe at DH who can also come in and pitch some relief if need be.
6) 2B Robinson Cano - I firmly believe when Cano's career is finished he will go down as the best 2nd baseman to ever play the game. He does things that guys like Joe Morgan and Robbie Alomar only wish they could do on the diamond.
7) C Johnny Bench - Even with the numbers Mike Piazza and Pudge put up while on steroids it doesn't compare to Bench. He was the glue of some great Reds teams in the 70's.
8) SS Cal Ripken Jr - No one before him could play short like he did at his size. He helped usher in the big guys playing short (ARod, Jeter, etc.) and should have won more Gold Gloves but got screwed because he wasn't as flashy as others.
9) 3B Brooks Robinson - Defensively nobody compares to the Human Vacuum Cleaner at the hot corner. His bat was also clutch in the postseason, helping deliver Baltimore multiple World Series titles.
Starter RHP Pedro Martinez - Nobody was more dominate than Pedro during the steroid era. He was mowing down hitters with ease despite facing lineups full of roided up middle infielders.
Starter LHP Madison Bumgarner - I know this will come as a shock to a lot of you but right now if I had to pick a lefty starting a deciding game I would instantly think Bumgarner. He's helped personally deliver the Giants 3 World Series titles and he's as clutch as they get in the postseason.
Closer Mariano Rivera - This is a no brainer and if anybody tries to argue it they need to be admitted to the looney house.
Long Relief John Smoltz - Smoltzie was as dominant a starter as he was a closer. The ultimate team player he was overshadowed by Maddux and Glavine but HOF manager Bobby Cox gave Smoltz the ball when the game or season was on the line.
Set Up Goose Goosage - I don't think you could find a more intimidating guy on the mound unless his name is Bob Gibson.
Manager Earl Weaver - No team is complete without the Earl of Baltimore cussing out an umpire to protect his players.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 12:16 PM
Legendary Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz carrying a bottle of Crown Royale at #RNCinCLE pic.twitter.com/UeXt0q9cOD— John R Parkinson (@jparkABC) July 19, 2016
Dr. Lou Holtz just dragging his nuts all over the Republican National Convention floor with his bottle of Crown Royal. Fucks given? 0.
Granted I'm rather positive Holtz has zero idea where he is or what he's holding at this point in his life. Still he's just dragging his pearls of wisdom all over the floor in Cleveland.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 8:49 AM
Friday, July 15, 2016
At 6'4 and just a shade under 300 lbs defensive tackle prospect Darnell Ewell is already big enough to start in college football. What's scary is he will just be entering his senior season in high school and already possesses the sheer strength to run over and through blockers.
Notre Dame got the elite defensive tackle prospect they have been sorely missing in Ewell. He is the most highly rated tackle since they signed Eddie Vanderdoes (who transferred to UCLA before ever playing to be close to his "sick grandmother"). Rivals has Ewell as a top 125 player overall and the 8th rated defensive tackle in the country. He's the 16th commitment in the 2017 ND recruiting class which is projected to finish top 5 overall in the nation.
Ewell picked ND over the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Clemson, Alabama and many others.
Here are some highlights of Ewell from his junior season...
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 9:59 AM
A view of Friday morning practice inside Notre Dame Stadium.— Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) July 15, 2016
Oh, and our new Jumbotron... 👀 pic.twitter.com/VDJCEM0h3j
This is enough to wet the whistle for any die hard Notre Dame fan. The mecca of college football is finally getting a jumbotron! It's about time. Notre Dame tweeted out this picture of the new jumbotron being constructed. It's part of the "Campus Crossroads" project which entails $400 million in renovations and improvements to Notre Dame Stadium. The project should be completed in 2017 for the home opener vs Michigan.
GET YOUR "CATHOLICS VS CONVICTS" SHIRT HERE!
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 9:36 AM
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Don't want but NEED college football back right now! Today is easily the most depressing and boring sports day of the year with absolutely nothing going on. It only amplifies how much I miss college football. The good or bad news for some of us is it's only 7 weeks till we get our college football fix.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 1:24 PM
Oh JJ Watt you sly dog you. Last night on the ESPY's (still have not watched it...ever) Tiger Wood's ex-fuck buddy Lindsey Vonn pulled the cat out of the bag on live tv and joked she gives JJ Watt groin massages. Watt, who looked completely embarrassed because the whole world and his boyfriend thought he was gay, laughed nervously as Vonn sized him up in front of Hannah Storm. Poor guy. I completely know how he feels to be a famous rich athlete who women throw themselves at every day. It's a burden we must persevere through that the mortals have no clue the will power it takes to be extraordinary.Lindsey Vonn says she helped JJ Watt recover from his groin injury, with, um, massages? pic.twitter.com/8mCZCuPnyQ— Troy Hirsch (@troyhirschfox5) July 14, 2016
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 11:10 AM
The Dominican Republic not only produce the best baseball players in the world but apparently they got the upper hand with girl's volleyball. Winifer Fernandez is a 21 year old beauty who can set and dig balls with the best of them.
This is what we need to see in the Olympics in Rio. Less women's soccer and more women's volleyball.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 10:24 AM
A video posted by Barstool Sports (@barstool_sports) on
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 10:15 AM