Friday, January 20, 2012

Ronald Darby to FSU?

Notre Dame gained a 5 star recruit this week when Gunner Kiel enrolled but now it appears they may have lost a 5 star player to FSU. Ronald Darby, an electric cornerback with world class speed, appears to be headed to FSU after de committing from Notre Dame according to Ricardo Louis, a recent WR flip to FSU from Auburn.

"He was committed to Notre Dame and then he decomitted because he wanted to open up his options, which is what I what I want to do," Louis said. "We were talking about how much we like Florida State and he was telling me if I go there that he would go there too. Just talked about how much we liked it basically."

Losing a player with Darby's speed is a huge loss for ND and it comes at a big time position need at corner. With Yuri Wright kicked out of high school because of graphic tweets expect Notre Dame to back away from recruiting Wright while leaving only Tee Shepard as a true cornerback in this class. With starters Gary Gray and Robert Blanton both gone to graduation and the NFL Notre Dame has an immediate need for cornerbacks to contribute right away.

Brian Kelly and his staff will continue to recruit Darby until he signs his letter of intent and are also trying to flip Florida commit Brian Poole from Florida and convince Anthony Standifer from Illinois to wear the Blue and Gold next season.

Right now chalk a win for FSU in the recruiting battle by getting Darby. Now Kelly needs to counteract and make sure they get bodies in at a position that could be the difference between a couple of wins and losses in 2012.

RIP Sarah Burke

Only 29 years old the world lost a great freestyle skier today with the announcement that Sarah Burke had passed away today just 9 days after suffering a brain injury while training at Park City Mountain Resort. Burke suffered a torn vertebral artery in her neck from a fall within the superpipe. She will be greatly missed by family, friends, and fans worldwide. RIP Sarah Burke.

Kobe Bryant's ex-wife Vanessa gets $75 MILLION divorce settlement

Clearly it pays well to be a wife of a sports superstar these days. Vanessa Bryant, the now ex-wife of Lakers superstar Kobe, reportedly will get $75 million in a divorce settlement which also includes the couple's three mansions in Newport Beach, CA according to TMZ.

Vanessa is walking away with $75 million, which we're told represents close to half of their total assets, estimated at around $150 million.

TMZ previously reported several transfers of property earlier this year between Kobe and Vanessa. It turns out, based on the property settlement, Vanessa scored a clean sweep, snagging ALL THREE of the former couple's mansions in the Newport Beach area.

Vanessa gets the estate the couple was living in, the estate her mom is living in, and she gets the new estate that had been under construction for 2 years and was just completed. We were told Kobe was moving into the new estate, but that's not true. It's Vanessa's crib, lock stock and barrel.

Talk about hitting a fade away 3 in court Vanessa clearly racked up with all of Kobe's mansions. Now it's only a matter of time before Elin Nordegren comes over and swaps war stories.