1. Denard Robinson (Michigan)-Shoelace is by far the best player I have watched this season. He leads the nation in rushing and his passing is good enough to keep Michigan competing for the Big Ten this season. While it's true he is prone to injury with all the rushing attempts and hits he will take there is little doubt he is the leading candidate at this point. The kid is pure electricity with the ball in his hands.
2. Taylor Martinez (Nebraska)-Just a freshman Martinez has taken Lincoln by storm. Bringing back distant memories of Eric Crouch and Tommy Frazier, T-Magic has rushed for 496 yards while averaging 9.3 ypc to go along with 8 TDs rushing. Nebraska could go to a BCS Championship game with the freshman at QB. Sounds Heisman to me.
3. Kellen Moore (Boise State)-All Moore does is win games. He has had two big, outstanding performances in primetime wins against Virginia Tech and Oregon State. He reminds me a lot of Matt Leinart. Not great size or arm but he has tremendous accuracy and all he does is win. Have I mentioned he wins ball games.
4. Patrick Peterson (LSU)-Peterson is the best defensive player in the country along with being the best return man. He's a lockdown corner and the only defensive player who has a legit shot of getting invited to New York.
HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE!
5. Andrew Luck (Stanford)-Luck is the best pure pro-style quarterback in the nation. He's on pace to throw for 33 TDs and only 6 INTs and with the way Stanford's defense is playing he could lead them to a PAC-10 Title. If Stanford goes undefeated then Luck wins the Heisman running away. He has a chance to prove to voters his candidacy this week with a tough road game in Eugene in primetime. If he comes out victorious with another great performance he could leap ahead of Shoelace.
Outside looking in: Terrelle Pryor (Ohio State), Cam Newton (Auburn), Mark Ingram (Alabama)
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Fucking Mike Tyson can dance! He puts Michael Jackson to shame with some of those dance steps. I use to sing this classic Bobby Brown song all the time back in middle school. It was right up there with "Ice Ice Baby" and "Straight Outta Compton" for tunes I could recite while sleeping in class. I gotta give Tyson credit here. He made me laugh out loud with just seeing his head pop up on the screen.
I might as well apologize to all of you for the lack of blogs. I've been in a deep college football depression since the second week for obvious reasons. I think the depression will suppress this week though. Notre Dame plays a bad Boston College team. ND should win. Same with Georgia and Georgia Tech. They got road games with Colorado and Wake Forest. All should be fine Saturday night. My liver and sanity depend on it.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 11:21 AM