The Philadelphia Phillies closed out the Tampa Bay Rays tonight to win the World Series in 5 games. It's only the second World Series Championship for the Phillies in their 126 year history so tonight will be a wild and riot filled night in the streets of Philly.
To commemorate the first championship for the city of Philadelphia since 1983 we decided to make a shirt that we think Philly fans can appreciate and wear with great pride. On the front it says "Phucking Phantastic 2008 World Champs" and on the back it takes a razor to the Rayshawk with a "Phuck the Rays" statement.
Here is some fan footage of Ryan Howard carrying the 2008 World Series Pennant...
As always these shirts are at the ridiculously low price of $17 and are as guaranteed as a Brad Lidge save in the ninth to create some laughter when you are booing Santa Claus this Christmas.
Shirt available here
BROAD STREET IS GOING TO BE PHUCKING CRAZY TONIGHT...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Image courtesy of BurntOrangeNation
1. Texas Longhorns-The Longhorns keep looking impressive after a hard fought victory last week against Oklahoma State in Austin. Colt McCoy survived a couple of costly turnovers late in the game but still had an excellent overall game completing 38 of 45 passes. The schedule doesn't get any easier as they travel to Lubbock this week to face an undefeated and hungry Texas Tech program. If they win this week they will win the Big 12 South division.
2. Penn State Nittany Lions-It wasn't pretty but you got to hand it to Penn State for pulling off a hard fought win in Columbus against Ohio State. They get the week off to prepare for a road trip to Iowa which should be another tough test for the Nittany Lions.
3. Alabama Crimson Tide-I thought the Vols would give them more of a challenge then they did but I was wrong. They essentially have an off week this Saturday against Arkansas State before traveling to LSU. The Tide should win out the regular season with LSU and Auburn down this year and if they can get by Georgia or Florida in the SEC Championship they will be playing for their first National Championship since 1992.
4. Oklahoma State Cowboys-The Cowboys lost and probably deserve to drop some in my rankings but I can't see how or why I should drop them below Oklahoma. This Okie State team is playing great ball right now and were just a couple of breaks away from beating Texas in Austin.
5. Texas Tech Red Raiders-They destroyed Kansas in Lawrence and now get #1 Texas in Lubbock this week. If they win they could and should get some votes for the top spot. Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree have a chance to make themselves legends with a memorable performance against the Longhorns. It should be a high scoring game that any true college football fan shouldn't miss.
6. Oklahoma Sooners-The Sooners continue to compile points(they haven't scored less than 35 in any game) on offense but their defense is pathetic at times. Their defense has given up over 30 points in each of their last 3 games and despite QB Sam Bradford putting up ridiculous numbers they need to step it up if they are going to have a shot at a BCS game.
7. Georgia Bulldogs-The Bulldogs trio of Matthew Stafford, Knowshon Moreno, and AJ Green looks like the best in the country right now. The Bulldogs showed up and played their hearts out in Baton Rouge and walked away with a much deserved victory. If they can beat Florida this week in Jacksonville they have a legitimate shot of winning the SEC Title and maybe even reaching the BCS Championship.
8. Florida Gators-The Gators absolutely fucking destroyed the Kentucky Wildcats last week behind dominating performances from Tim Tebow and Jeff Demps. Demps is now averaging over 11 yards a carry and the elusive freshman looks like the type of back Urban Meyer has wanted for his offense for so long. Whoever wins the Cocktail Party this weekend keeps their SEC and BCS Title hopes alive.
9. Utah Utes-The Utes were off last week and get to travel to New Mexico before their huge Thursday night showdown against TCU next week.
10. USC Trojans-Their defense looked sick against Arizona. Too much speed for the Wildcats to handle and the Trojans survived a close game by winning 17-10. They should be able to pad their stats this weekend with the Huskies coming to town. Anything less than a 3 touchdown win would be embarrassing for the Trojans since the Huskies might be the worst team in D1 football right now.
Posted by Matt Fairchild (email@example.com) at 11:17 AM
Sometimes the breaks in life just don't go your way but don't tell that Houston wide receiver Patrick Edwards. Fast forward to the 40 second mark and be prepared for a gruesome injury that should have been avoided if the fucking band would have just moved their shit...
Having experienced the same injury my heart goes out to the guy. I can still feel the cold rush flow down my body every time the temperature goes below 60 because of the 2 titanium plates and 21 screws in my lower left leg from snapping my tibia, fibula, and ankle on the last play of...get this...a flag football game. It should have never happened much like Edward's injury last night. If only the band would have moved their equipment then Edwards would still be walking right now. And only if I didn't drink a fifth of Jack Daniels before spitting on that girl who would not give me her number as she kept running away I would still be walking normal today.
Video HT: The Big Lead
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 8:27 AM