1. Georgia Bulldogs-Okay, I know I'm going to get some shit for putting Georgia this high from some of you but listen up. Georgia went on the road and beat a tough South Carolina team in a defensive battle. A win is a win in my book and I fully expect the Bulldogs to beat Arizona State convincingly this Saturday night on national television.
2. USC Trojans-The Trojans look good, actually great so far. They destroyed the Buckeyes last week and part of that has to do with QB Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is very poised and is light years ahead of JD Booty at this point in their careers. Whoever does their schedule deserves some serious props because they get a week off this week to mentally focus for Oregon State after all ready having a week off before the Ohio State game. Somehow they have another week off before the Notre Dame game too. Awesome.
3. Missouri Tigers-Chase Daniel is on top of his game and he should put up more Heisman worthy numbers this weekend against a horrible Buffalo team. Mizzou could put up 70 points by halftime.
4. Oklahoma Sooners-Listen, don't start jumping on their bandwagon for beating the bag out of a terrible Washington team. I learned last year this team can lose to anybody and they almost always seem to get crushed in big bowl games. If they beat Texas and look good while doing it in a few weeks then they will get more respect in my book. Right now this team reminds me of Ohio State. Great on paper until they actually play somebody good.
5. Florida Gators-Urban Meyer has a perfect record against the Volunteers and that will continue this week as Florida will come in and Swamp the Vols in Knoxville.
6. LSU Tigers-If they win at Auburn this Saturday night then this team is a serious contender for a repeat as National Champion. Expect a close game as 11 of the last 18 matchups have been decided by 7 points or less.
7. Texas Longhorns-They play a patsy this weekend against Rice. Yawn.
8. Penn State Nittany Lions-The JoePa's continued to roll and now are the favorite in my book to win the Big Ten after seeing the Buckeye's performance the last two weeks. Over/under on # of players arrested this week is 3 in case you were wondering.
9. South Florida Bulls-It kind of makes me sick to my stomach to put South Florida in the top ten considering they are a Big East team but they beat a good Kansas team last week and deserve some recognition. They should roll this week against Florida International.
10. East Carolina Pirates-They struggled with Tulane which was a letdown game after West Virginia. If they struggle against North Carolina State this week then I'm dropping them out.