As an avid Friday Night Lights fan and of course QB Vince Howard fan I'm straight up shocked he would pick Michigan State. What happened to Texas forever? I fully expect Tim Riggins to get shit faced and punch your lights out now that you have gone to the dark side up North. You can't take your talents to East Lansing for Mark Dantonio. Granted the Longhorns are a dumpster fire right now with Charlie Strong throwing kerosene haymakers but you could be the next Vince Young and save the program. You would not only be a folk hero in Dillon, Texas but nationwide. The only thing I can think of why he's going to Michigan State is because Dantonio hired Coach Taylor to be his special teams coach. It's the only logical reason.
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Go Sparty?
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
With Leonard Fournette and Trevon Boykin taking in the chin the last two weeks we can safely say they will not be hoisting the Heisman this year.
Here is a look at my top 5 candidates. As always this list is very fluid and can change in a heartbeat.
1) Dalvin Cook, FSU, RB - Yes I know FSU has two losses on their resume but it has nothing to do with Cook. He's been the best RB in the nation this year and he's averaging over 8 yard per carry. He broke Warrick Dunn's school record for rushing yards last week and has an outside shot at hitting 2000. He's also not running behind a stellar offensive line. Almost every yard he has got has been hard fought.
2) Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma, QB - He's the nation's second rated passer (behind Baylor's Seth Russell) and has thrown for an outstanding 31 TDs and only 5 INTs. Mayfield was on fire last week in the big win vs Baylor on the road and has huge games remaining vs TCU and Oklahoma State.
3) Deshaun Watson, Clemson, QB - I mean you gotta have the star QB for the #1 team in the country on this list right? Watson actually deserves to be up here though. He's completing over 70% of his passes while accounting for 28 TDs total.
4) Derrick Henry, Alabama, RB - Back-to-back 200 yard performances has vaulted Henry to the top of many Heisman lists. Most seasons he would be my #1 guy but I have a hard time even putting him on my top 5 college runningback list and he's not the best RB in his own conference. If Bama wins out and Henry has big games vs inferior opponents I'm afraid he will win it.
5) Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State, RB - The Buckeyes star RB has big time games the next three weeks to pad his Heisman campaign. Michigan State, Michigan, and Iowa will all be nationally watched glue to your tv type games.
Just outside: Corey Coleman, Baylor, WR; Christian McCaffrey, Stanford, All-Purpose; Leonard Fournette, LSU, RB
Posted by Matt Fairchild (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 10:42 AM