SportsCrack Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

COLLEGE FOOTBALL'S TOP PLAYMAKERS
This list is according to ESPN's Pat Forde. I think Forde is a really good writer and he is one of the select few on ESPN who I actually respect their opinion on college football(Kirk Herbstreit and Bruce Feldman are the others)but I think he needs to work on his list.


Darren McFadden: An obvious selection. Agree.
Desean Jackson: My favorite for the Heisman. Agree.
Steve Slaton: Can't argue with his stats. Partially agree.
Adarius Bowman: I like Bowman, but I think the Big 12 has guys like DeMarco Murray and Jamaal Charles who will be bigger playmakers this season. At the WR position I think Mario Manningham is more of a playmaker on offense than Bowman.
Derrick Williams: Um...hmm...maybe...no way! Derrick Williams is not even close to being one of the top playmakers in college football.

Here would be my top 5:
1. Desean Jackson: Can score anytime he touches the ball.
2. Darren McFadden: Superstar who will shine in the NFL.
3. Pat White: Darkhorse Heisman contender who will have a great season passing and running.
4. James Laurinaitis: The Buckeye LB creates a ton of turnovers.
5. Mario Manningham: Scares the shit out of me everytime he breaks deep.

No comments: