SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2008

OWEN SCHMIDT=RUNAWAY BEER TRUCK

I don't even know what it really means in relation to mohawk wearing Schmidt but I like the nickname given to him by the Fox announcer. West Fuckin Virginia pounded the Oklahoma Sooners into submission last night giving the Sooners their 4th straight BCS loss. If this was Notre Dame of course the whole nation would be screaming bloody murder but that is another discussion for a drunk day. The blowout win convinced West Virginia officials to name interim coach Bill Stewart the new permanent one today after a convincing 48-28 win in which the Mountaineers played with more passion and determination than the Sooners. Anyone thinking that passion doesn't play a part in the college game today needs to hit the playback button on this game because West Virginia won it simply because they wanted it more.

I'm not going to lie this game was brutal to watch because of the band factor. After every fucking play the stupid Sooners band would break out their dumb fucking tune that was more annoying than a mariachi band. I know I'm going to get a lot of shit from band geeks and band lovers but I could really do without bands all together in the college game. I don't mind the halftime stuff or them leading the team out before the game starts but I can't stand hearing them play their stupid gay tune after every play. It's more annoying than a case of severe beer diarrhea.

Video HT: AwfulAnnouncing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a freshman trombone player in the Pride of West Virginia, the Mountaineer Marching Band, and I performed last night with them in the Fiesta Bowl. I agree with you that the Oklahoma band played that one tune a bit too much. I hope that we were not nearly as annoying. It is disappointing you could not see all of our performances last night, because they were some of, if not the best we have put on all year.