SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

AWFUL NEWS OUT OF NOTRE DAME YESTERDAY



Just when you think the Notre Dame football program couldn't take any more hits comes this news about the tragic death of Declan Sullivan, a 20 year old Notre Dame student. Here is what Declan twittered before the 50 foot scissor lift tower collapsed:

In the first message, timestamped 3:22 p.m., Sullivan wrote, "Gust of wind up to 60mph well today will be fun at work... I guess I've lived long enough :-/."

The second message, which was sent at 4:06 p.m., less than an hour before his tragic fall at 4:50 p.m., reads, "Holy f*** holy f*** this is terrifying."


I don't know what really to say. I've heard conflicting stories about whether or not he should have been videotaping in the first place when the wind gusts were reaching 40-50 mph in South Bend. I'm not sure who's call it was and I hope people are not so quick to judge and persecute who's fault if any there was in this tragic incident. From what I've heard Declan was a well liked kid who loved Notre Dame football. He will be missed. R.I.P Declan Sullivan.

No comments: