SportsCrack Blog

Monday, November 08, 2010

OOOPPPSSS!!! and Help CHOA!

Hey everyone! I'll apologize for Matt and I missing our picks from last week. I'm sure I can speak for him as well when I say the changes him and I have had in our personal lives have tended to take over a little bit! Those of you who know us personally know exactly what I'm talking about and I know that my family is so thankful for all of the congrats and support! I won't miss another week, unless there is an emergency, so whether you think my picks suck or not, you'll have to deal with them until Matt kicks me off.

Secondly, the company I work for and a team I am involved with through that company are working together to raise money for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (www.choa.com). I'm not putting that out there for your money or any donations, but to say that the holiday season is close and there are tons of kids who simply need help to enjoy the holiday season. For whatever reason, their families are unable to help them, they have outstanding medical needs, they have been involved in a bad accident, who knows, but it's the time of year to give and I hope that you all consider sponsoring a child, giving to the Red Cross, even giving to the annoying people who ring bells for the Salvation Army. Tough times are the best times to give and to volunteer around our communities and just as Matt makes a donation from every single sale to a charitable organization (The American Cancer Society), I would encourage you all to look for ways to give back.

If you are interested in helping my teams cause for CHOA, we are accepting sponsorships for an upcoming Soap Box Derby where 100% of the sponsorship will go to CHOA, shoot me an email @ john.s.mcpeters@gmail.com and I can email you with details.

Wherever you live, help make this holiday season less about what you receive and more about what you give and how you can help your community this season. Information about CHOA is below. Thanks guys, for reading, for commenting, and for caring! I personally wish all of you guys an amazing holiday season, yes even you Blake...

From the CHOA website:

About Children's Healthcare of Atlanta

Enhancing the lives of children through excellence in patient care, research and education

Welcome to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta. We are honored that you have trusted us to care for your child’s healthcare needs. We will do everything we can to help both you and your child feel comfortable, safe and secure. Please feel free to ask our staff questions. Let us know what we can do for you and your family.

At Children’s, we strive to enhance the lives of children through excellence in patient care, research and education. Whether treating an injured toddler in an emergency or supporting a teen through a series of chemotherapy treatments, we take our commitment to care for each and every child who comes through our doors very seriously. It’s through teamwork at every level of our organization and with you, the family, that we are able to achieve a high level of excellence in pediatric care.


No comments: