SportsCrack Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

RICKY GERVAIS NAILS HOLLYWOOD RAW WITH HIS GOLDEN GLOBES OPENING MONOLOGUE



I got to admit I'm not a huge Ricky Gervais fan but I thought he did an excellent job last night hosting the Golden Globes. He made all of Hollywood uneasy right with his first heater of a pitch high and uptight with Charlie Sheen's face planted on it. Then he moved on to make fun of Scientology, Hugh Hefner, Mel Gibson, Lost, The Tourist, Hollywood Foreign Press, Tim Allen, Sex and the City, and many others. You could just feel the tension in the room. It was great to see how uneasy a bunch of uptight liberal millionaires can get by a Brit telling jokes.

And as far as the dress category goes since I know you guys are all about fashion I have to go with a straight up tie between January Jones and Halle Berry.





I believe Halle Berry is 41 and she is still batting cleanup. And she just had a kid. She is basically tearing the fuck out of Hollywood despite being twice the age of most actresses. Good for her I say. Note to the other actresses if you want me to recognize you in the best dress category you have to show off some fucking cleavage. Anne Hathaway is naked in about every movie she appears in yet she was covered from neck to toes. WTF Hathaway? You are better than that. Now go throw up and get naked on camera.

No comments: