SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bel Biv Devoe has still got it



Dude I use to jam Bel Biv Devoe every fucking day when I was in middle school. Just hearing them rock out "Poison" with The Roots on the Late Show with Jimmy Fallon brings back a ton of memories. "Never trust a big butt and a smile" still pops up in my head when I come up to bat in baseball. "Poison" use to be my relaxing music I would play before my baseball games to get me ready. It was a strange combination of Guns N Roses, The Doors, and Bel Biv Devoe before all my games. Literally when I would rip a double I would be singing in my head "that ball is poison" just to fuck around with the lyrics.

Anyways it's great to see the trio still has the flow going. They sound damn good. The dance moves aren't as crisp (my buddies Jason and Jaime could nail them, me not so much) but the sound and rhythm is definitely still there. I would pay to see these guys tour again.

Video via Extra Mustard

No comments: