SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Orioles Are In 1st Place

Since I've started SportsCrack I can probably count on my two hands the exact amount of days the Baltimore Orioles have been in first place in the AL East. I started the website in 2005 and the Orioles haven't had a winning season since I was a freshman in college back in 1997. But now on this fateful 26th day in April of the year 2012 the Orioles are in fact tied for 1st with the Tampa Bay Rays at 11-7.

Ahhh! I love the smell of victory in the air.

I'm just going to savor the flavor because I know it won't last. Right now their pitching staff has given up the fewest runs in the AL East and we all know that trend won't stick around come September. It's just fun to know that the team is actually capable of winning. It's been 15 years since they even had a winning season and it's why they can only get a little over 10,000 people for a weekday game in the beautiful Camden Yards.

So I tip this beer to my Orioles and toast with the simple saying "a win a day keeps the boo birds away!"

Go O's!

Image via TheChive

No comments: