SportsCrack Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

My New Favorite Player: Chris Cooley Tried to Negotiate a Case of Beer in his Contract

Via CBSSports...
Chris Cooley is back with the Redskins, happier than ever (having Robert Griffin III replace Rex Grossman will ward off any ill feelings about being released) after the Skins re-signed him following Fred Davis injury.

But the new contract didn't come easy. Apparently there were some heated negotiations about ... beer.

"Literally, I have text correspondence trying to negotiate a case of beer into my contract," Cooley said, via the Washington Post's Dan Steinberg. "They wouldn't do it. I wanted it in writing so much."
Slow golf clap for one Mr. Cooley.  I wonder what brand of beer though?  Cooley looks more like a Natty Light guy to me than a pretentious MicroBrew guy.  I'm both of those guys by the way.  Or as some have labeled me including my sponsor "an alcoholic."

No comments: