SportsCrack Blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF ESPN'S LOVEFEST FOR ALL THINGS NORTHEAST

On the right is a screen shot from ESPN.com's MLB page captured by The Big Lead. Take a long look at it and tell me what you see. I know I am probably preaching to the choir here but I wonder if the WWL will ever recognize there are actual baseball teams outside of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mets who play the game and deserve some media recognition. ESPN's lovefest with all things Northeast related especially when it comes to baseball coverage has forced people like myself to buy the MLB Extra Innings Package just to have the chance to watch other teams and players play. It often sickens me how much coverage and all-out BS love a guy like Derek Jeter gets whom I do respect as a player but does not compare skill-wise to a player like a Ichiro or a Vladimir on the West and less appreciated Coast.

And you can say the Yankees and Red Sox deserve the extensive coverage they receive because they are the two most polarizing teams but when the Atlanta Braves were dominating the National League for more than a decade it was still difficult to find highlights if any of their games on the WWL's SportsCenter. It's just disappointing to see how ESPN blows up players and teams from their region when they honestly don't deserve it.

Don't believe me, well, just wait to see how much ESPN fellate and over hype Boston College's Matt Ryan in their NFL Draft coverage.

No comments: