Bovada.com has released their latest team odds to win the National Championship. Give this a read before betting your life savings aka two week pay check.
1) Alabama - 12/5 - Last year at this same time Bama was the overwhelming favorite to win it all. We all know what happened. Can you really see Jacob Coker leading them to a Natty?
2) Ohio State - 11/4 - Led by the best coach in the nation the Buckeyes are just starting to hit their stride. Granted they haven't played anybody of significance yet. Michigan State and Michigan should challenge them the next two weeks and then Iowa awaits in the Big Ten Championship.
3) Clemson - 15/4 - Clemson is 10-0 for the first time since 1981. Yes the last and only time they won a Natty. North Carolina is the only legitimate hurdle left for the playoffs.
4) Notre Dame - 9/1 - We all know what happened the last time ND played for a Natty. It wasn't pretty. If they can beat Boston College and Stanford they will be in the playoffs.
5) Oklahoma - 12/1 - One of the hottest teams in the nation. I could see the Sooners sneaking into the playoffs. This might be one of the best long shots to take here especially with a scorching hot QB in Baker Mayfield leading the charge.
6) Oklahoma State - 12/1 - No chance. They will probably lose to both Baylor and Oklahoma. Cute story but it would be foolish to throw any money on them.
7) Florida - 14/1 - FSU and/or Bama in the SEC Championship will beat the Gators. They have a great defense but their offense is not going to win them any of those games.
8) Iowa - 22/1 - The Hawkeyes should be undefeated going into the Big Ten Championship game. A small bet here could pay off huge if they go on a similar 2014 Buckeyes run
9) TCU - 25/1 - No chance without Trevon Boykin and Josh Doctson this week vs Oklahoma. Barely beat Kansas last week.
10) Michigan State - 45/1 - They need a monumental upset of the Buckeyes to even have a chance of reaching the Big Ten title game. Could it happen? Sure. Doubtful though and I wouldn't bet on it.
11) Baylor - 50/1 - The Bears were eliminated last week when they lost to Oklahoma. Too many wacky things need to happen for them to even reach the playoffs. Then again this has been one of the craziest seasons so far.
12) North Carolina - 66/1 - This is the long shot everybody should at least lay down a case of beer money on. Since losing to South Carolina to open the season UNC has won 9 straight, all in impressive fashion. They continue to get better and they have an X factor at QB in Marquise Williams. If they win their next 3 vs Virginia Tech, NC State and Clemson they should squeeze into the playoffs.