SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, December 13, 2007

4 HOURS TILL THE MITCHELL REPORT
I guess I am one of the few people who actually can't wait to see the names that are on Senator Mitchell's report. I want the sport cleaned up and I want to know what Mitchell has to say. I presume he will have scathing remarks about the player's union and the commissioner's office for sweeping the whole steroid issue under the rug for so long. But I also want to give a big shout out to all the writers who so blindly turned their back and did not report what they suspected years ago. Writers like Peter Gammons who think the Mitchell Report will do nothing because they didn't have the balls to report it in the first place.

One of the biggest names has supposedly been leaked and it's none other than Roger Clemens. No big shocker there, he was one of the players I named a while back. Automatically for me this disqualifies Clemens for the Hall of Fame. I don't want to hear the argument from sympathizers saying "but steroids wasn't a banned substance in baseball!". I don't give a rat's ass if it was or not because I know it is banned by our country to possess without a proper prescription. Getting them from a jerk off ball boy is not a pharmacist. If we are going to shit on Barry Bonds for ruining the integrity of the game then we need to do the same thing to Clemens. He is as much at fault with this drug culture as anybody.

Anyways, I will wait to hear the final report from Mitchell before talking about this anymore.

Oh yeah, good trade by the Baltimore Orioles yesterday sending Miguel Tejada(interesting timing) to the Astros for 5 players. Lefty Troy Patton could become a solid 2-3 starter in the league and the O's needed to start fresh by getting rid of some heavy salaries. Erik Bedard is next but to whom I have no idea.

No comments: