SportsCrack Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CONGRATULATIONS BOSTON CELTICS


The Boston Celtics won their 17th NBA Championship last night by absolutely destroying the Los Angeles Lakers to give the long suffering Boston Chowderheads another sports championship. With the Red Sox winning two World Series, the Patriots winning three Super Bowls, and now the Celtics winning one I think it is appropriate to call Boston Titletown. Yes the New York Giants won the Super Bowl but the city of New York will be getting grief for a long time from all the Massholes who are reveling in this championship run.

El Presidente of Boston's Barstool Sports summed it up best when discussing the feeling of euphoria of winning yet another sports championship...

First of all, let me start by saying I’m shitfaced. Second of all, I’m drenched in beer from people doing the champagne thing in the bar. Third of all I’m shitfaced. Having said that I feel like I need to write a quick blog before I pass out. Now I’m not one of those guys who like to say I told you so. So I’m not going to sit here and brag about how at the beginning of this series I said that the Lakers being a 2 to 1 favorite was one of the biggest jokes of all time. I’m not going to say that I told you the Celtics would not only win this series but they’d dominate it. I’m not going to say that I told you Paul Pierce was just as good as Kobe Bryant. I’m not going to bring up how everybody except the Stool overlooked the fact that the Celts were 25-5 against the West this year. I’m not going to mention how I was 7-0 in mortal locks this series. The bottom-line is that bragging about that type of shit just isn’t my style. And more importantly anybody can look like a genius when you live in Boston. I mean we fucking own this world! Honestly how many fucking parades can one city have? Congratulations Boston, we did it again! And to everybody who doesn’t like us. Fuck off and suck our rings!


And you know he is absolutely right. They own the sports world right now. No need to argue the fact. And yes we are all jealous of the championships. But in doing so they have become the new New York. Loud and brash and ready to tell everybody that "O'doyle rules."

No comments: