SportsCrack Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MLB'S MATT VASGERSIAN THINKS ALL BLACK PEOPLE LOOK LIKE DONOVAN MCNABB


Let me start off by first saying that I love the MLB Network. If you are a baseball fan it is the greatest thing to happen since Albert Pujols passed his drug test. ESPN's coverage of baseball is so GD awful and bias that it is hard to stomach. So the MLB Network coming along is a great thing because you know, they actually talk about teams other than the big market ones that are near Bristol. Matt Vasgersian can be pretty witty and funny. Obviously he was going for both right here with Mitch Williams and Billy Ripken in the studio and wasn't serious. So if anybody thinks Vasgersian is racist for mentioning that the EMT was Donovan McNabb obviously doesn't understand racist humor. See, as long as you laugh it isn't racist. I laughed. Not racist. End of story. You can find my Irish ass drinking at the local watering hole after work if you want to discuss the merits of racist jokes. Oh, don't worry, I've been drinking all day in case you were wondering.

Video HT: WithLeather

UPDATE:Vasgersian offered up an apology last night on the MLB Network for his poor timing and attempt at humor...

5 comments:

can't we all just get along said...

Why is it racist only when it's dealing with non-white races..If someone said the other guy looked like Ed Harris(or whoever), no one would shout racism.. Kind of a double standard..And you never know..he could be Donovan's long lost 2nd cousin..

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

I'm a balding white guy and I find your Ed Harris statement terribly offensive. Now go wash out your mouth. /sarcasm.

I agree, it is a double standard and people need to lighten up.

Anonymous said...

He wasn't an EMT, but a Paramedic! There is a difference.

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

Ok anonymous, thanks for the post of the year...retard.

Debbie said...

Matt Vasgersian is a douche bag. He picked me on the dating game, and then proceeded to put me down on the internet. Why? Well, because I found him completely unattractive, and then I hooked up with his friend. Matt is about as entertaining as a bag of rocks. He is a mediocre announcer, with mediocre looks. Check yourself-you need a bit of reflection.