SportsCrack Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

SEE YA SOON FRENCHY!



The Atlanta Braves have traded young but inconsistent RF Jeff Francoeur to the hated New York Mets for Ryan Church. It sucks to see a Georgia native leave the team but it needed to be done. Frenchy needed the new scenery and I am genuinely pulling for him to do well except when he plays against the Braves of course. You can't knock the kid for not trying, it always seemed to me at least he put in a 100% effort and hustled and wanted to win with the Braves. But things didn't work out for obvious reasons: Terry Pendleton. All kidding aside I don't think Church is the answer in right field but I sure as hell think that Jayson Heyward will be. Heyward is currently the #1 prospect in all of minor league baseball according to Baseball America but he won't be up in Atlanta till 2010 at the earliest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate this, even though I know it is the right thing. I kept hoping he would turn it around. What a way to go out last night with all those doubles.

Matt Fairchild (matt@sportscrack.com) said...

So far Frenchy is looking good for the Mets. We will have to see how he does once the honeymoon phase is over in New York.