SportsCrack Blog

Monday, February 07, 2011

PACKERS WIN SUPER BOWL XLV



Congratulations go out to Cheesehead Nation with the Green Bay Packers winning their 4th Super Bowl. I got my preseason prediction right with the Packers winning (got 8-to-1 odds at the time) so I won a little money. Unfortunately yesterday I picked the Steelers to win so I lost some money too. I should have stuck with the hot team. Oh well. You live and learn. I think a solid argument can be made for Aaron Rodgers being the best NFL quarterback in the game. I know Tom Brady swept the MVP votes by garnering all 50 and Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are great quarterbacks in their own right but if I had to pick one to be the face and leader of my franchise I would have to go with Rodgers.

Now with the NFL over hopefully they can get this collective bargaining agreement hammered out. No 18 game schedule owners. It's fucking dumb and irresponsible. No rookie salary cap either. The owners already make a shitload of money so stop being greedy and pay the players what they deserve. Usually I don't side with the player's union but in this case I'm all in for them.

No comments: