SportsCrack Blog

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Saints Vs. Packers Preview


The NFL is back with the last two Super Bowl winners squaring off in what could be a NFC Championship preview. Both teams have beefed up their running game since last season and will look to run the ball with more authority this season. Packers got Ryan Grant back and the Saints drafted Mark Ingram. I expect both to have good games tonight.

In terms of the quarterback play you have two of the best in the game. Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers will put a ton of points on the scoreboard. Neither one of the defenses they are going against tonight impress me so I expect over 600 yards passing combined. I expect a shootout so it will probably be a low scoring game because my NFL picks never pan out.

I also like the homefield advantage for the Packers. The defending champs will be playing on their home turf while getting their rings against a team who is used to playing in the SuperDome. The crowd alone should gives them a touchdown advantage in my book.

Call your bookie and bet on the Packers to cover the -4 tonight against the Saints. I also like the OVER at 48.5 points.

SportsCrack.com Prediction: Green Bay 31 New Orleans 23

No comments: